There are literally thousands of podcasts on every topic you can imagine. You can use them to learn new things, to relax or just to have a laugh. If podcasts aren’t your thing, this could be a great prompt to find a new album to listen to, perhaps something you’ve always wanted to and never had time.
Check out some of the Union’s podcast recommendations.
1. Ted Talks - A showcase for speakers presenting great, well-formed ideas about almost anything!
2. Reply All - A podcast about the internet that is actually an unfailingly original exploration of modern life and how to survive it.
3. Other People’s Lives - Each week, hosts Joe Santagato and Greg Dybec have an anonymous phone call with a stranger they found on the Internet.
4. How to Fail – Celebrating the things that haven't gone right.
5. Table Manners - Jessie Ware hosts a podcast about food, family, and the beautiful art of having a chat, direct from her very own dinner table.
6. Happy Place – Fearne Cotton draws on her own experiences and shares advice from experts on how to work through feeling blue to finding joy each and every day.
7. Sustainababble – A comedy podcast about the environment.
8. Feel Better, Live More - Hear stories from leading health experts and exciting personalities who offer easy health life-hacks, expert advice and debunk common health myths giving you the tools to revolutionise how you eat, sleep, move and relax.
9. Decoder Ring - The show about cracking cultural mysteries.
10. The Alarmist - Writer/performer Rebecca Delgado-Smith (The Good Place) and guests scrutinize history’s greatest disasters to figure out what went wrong, and most importantly, who’s to blame.
11. The Receipts - A fun, honest podcast fronted by three girls who are willing to talk about anything and everything.
12. No Sleep - A multi-award winning anthology series of original horror stories featuring a cast of talented voice actors, rich atmospheric music and sound effects.
13. In the Dark - Serial investigative journalism from APM Reports, with host Madeleine Baran and a team of reporters.
14. Happier - Gretchen Rubin talks about ideas and tips for making your life happier.
15. Ear Hustle - The daily realities of life inside prison, shared by those living it.